Winterfest in the Smoky Mountains runs from November 8, 2010 through February 28, 2011. From the amazing light displays in Gatlinburg, Pigeon Forge and Sevierville, to the amazing festivals and holiday activities and shopping, everyone can find something they will love about Winterfest! There are some amazing things to do throughout the entire holiday season. For detailed information, please go tohttp://www.smokymountainarea.com/winterfest-activities.html. Here are some exciting things to do at Winterfest that you won’t want to miss out on;
1) Dollywood always has fantastic holiday lights and displays during the winter season. It’s a must see for the entire family! For more information, go towww.dollywood.com.
2) If you feel like looking at the lights and the fun things to do without having to drive, try taking a trolley! Pigeon Forge has a trolley running, for more information contact Winterfest Trolley Tours Patriot Park Monday-Friday @ 6:30 PM – $5.00 Call Trolley Office for reservations and departure times. 865-453-6444. Gatlinburg also has a trolley, for more information, go tohttp://www.ci.gatlinburg.tn.us/transit/trolley.htm.
3) On November 10, 2010 Gatlinburg kicks off Winterfest by lighting their holiday displays which have over 2 million lights, live entertainment, fireworks and a chili cookoff. For more information go to www.eventsgatlinburg.com.
4) Sevierville will have a holiday parade on December 4th 2010 at 11am. For more information please call 1-888-738-4378. Gatlinburg will have their holiday parade on December 4th 2010 at 7:30pm. For more information please call 865-568-4748.
5) The Titanic Museum in Pigeon Forge is celebrating the winter holidays by creating snow every Friday and Saturday evening from November 13, 2010-January 1, 2011. On January 22, 2011 they are doing their First Annual Professional Ice Carving Competition from 9am-3pm. For more information go towww.titanicpigeonforge.com. - Cabins in Pigeon Forge