Learn MoreTennessee Marriage License
It is very easy to get a Tennessee marriage license. You can pre-apply online up to 30 days before your wedding. The bride and the groom must then go to pick up their marriage license at one of the Marriage License Centers in Sevier County. OR, the bride and the groom can go in person to one of the Marriage License Centers and fill out the form there with the help of an employee of the County Clerk’s Office. Learn more below.
Anyone wanting to marry in Tennessee must meet Tennessee's legal requirements:
- There is no waiting period.
- No blood test is required.
- Both participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Both must present a valid photo ID, such as a driver's license or passport.
- Both must present a social security card or other SSN documentation.
- The fee for out-of-state couples is $41.00 in cash. Visa and Mastercard are also accepted, but a small transaction fee applies.
- The fee for in-state couples is $101.00 in cash. Visa and Mastercard are also accepted, but a small transaction fee applies.
- If either the bride or the groom is younger than 18, please call the Marriage License Center direct for more detailed information.
- Tennessee couples who take a 4-hour premarital preparation course can receive a $60 credit. Please call the Marriage License Center for more information.
- No witness is needed for the marriage to be recognized, but there is room on the marriage license for one witness to sign.
Closed Tuesday & Thursday
Located behind City Hall