It is very easy to get a Tennessee marriage license. You can pre-apply online up to 30 days before your wedding. The bride and the groom must then go to pick up their actual marriage license at one of the Marriage License Centers in Sevier County.
OR the bride and the groom can go in person to one of the Marriage License Centers and fill in the form there with the help of an employee of the County Clerk’s Office. See below.
Anyone wanting to marry in Tennessee, must meet Tennessee’s legal requirements:
- There is no waiting period.
- No blood test is required.
- Both participants must be at least 18 years of age.
- Both must present a valid photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport.
- Both must present a social security card or other SSN documentation.
- The fee for out-of-state couples is $38.50 in cash ($45.50 with cc online).
- The fee for instate couples is $98.50 in cash ($105.50 with cc online).
- If either the bride or the groom is younger that 18, please call the Marriage License Center direct for more detailed information.
- Tennessee couples who take a 4-hour premarital preparation course can receive a $60 credit. Please call the Marriage License Center for more information.
- No witness is needed for the marriage to be recognized, but there is room on the marriage license for one witness to sign.
Licenses can be obtained at the following locations: