You’ve been counting down summer since the cold weather was here, and now it’s finally arrived. Here at Timber Tops Luxury Cabin Rentals, we take summer seriously, so, if you aren’t sure what to do while on vacation, never fear. We’ve created a Smoky Mountain summer bucket list for vacationers, filled with things to do in Pigeon Forge with kids, teens and adults. Featuring adventure, education, fun and bonding, these things to do will have your family enjoying a full summer of smiles from start to finish.
Kids up to 12
- Patriot Park – Patriot Park is located in the heart of Pigeon Forge, and is perfect for toddlers who want to run off some energy while the older ones play games.
- Pigeon Forge Mini Golf– Trying to swing with farm cows, huge windmills and water features will make this the most memorable 18 holes your family will ever golf.
- Smoky Mountain Alpine Coaster – The longest downhill ride in the United States combines stunning views and roller coaster fun.
- Nascar Speedpark – Test your climbing skills or zip around the premier Smoky Mountains Speedway. There’s days of fun packed into this attraction. Purchase tickets online.
- Smoky Mountain White Water Rafting – You can’t beat the incredible views and heart-pounding excitement of Pigeon River rafting, perfect for teens who want adventure.
- Zip lining in Gatlinburg – Although nearly anyone can enjoy a zip line from ages 3 and up, teens can really enjoy the views and excitement at up to 240 feet off the ground.
- Cades Cove Auto Tour – Few things are more romantic than spectacular views, rushing water and a quiet picnic, and couples can enjoy them all on the Cades Cove Loop Road.
- Country Tonite Theater – This family-friendly show is great for the entire group, but it’s also a fun show to enjoy on a date night in the Smokies because it has great music and lots of laughs.
- Great Smoky Mountain Wheel – This attraction at the Island in Pigeon Forge takes guests 200 feet in the air with spectacular views. You can’t leave the Smokies without taking a night ride in one of the gondolas.
Full Family Fun
- Dollywood – Dolly’s theme park is filled with fun for the entire family, from roller coasters to kids rides and everything in-between.
- Ripley’s Aquarium of the Smokies – Filled with sea creatures, furry penguins and interactive exhibits, Ripley’s Aquarium in Gatlinburg is a fun and memorable adventure for everyone.
- Ripley’s Believe it Or Not! Odditorium – This museum in Gatlinburg features a variety of odds and ends from around the world, including shrunken heads and one-of-a-kind exhibits.
Families who stay at Timber Tops Luxury Cabin Rentals can even enjoy some of these attractions for free with our Luxury Pass to attractions and museums. For a bucket list this long, your family will need somewhere to relax during the visit. The best place to kick back and rest after a long day of checking off bucket list items is one of Timber Tops’ Pigeon Forge Cabins near the Parkway. Filled with luxurious amenities and featuring stunning views, there’s nowhere better to stay while in the Smokies. Contact one of our reservationists at (800) 266-1066 to start your own Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge summer bucket list.