Autumn is a great time of year to visit the Smoky Mountains. The beautiful colors of the trees and the crisp air will refresh your spirits. If you are planning a vacation to the Smoky Mountains area in the Fall, don’t forget to check these out!
1) Autumn drives and hikes in the Smoky Mountains are fantastic. For more information, please go to http://www.nps.gov/grsm/planyourvisit/fall-suggestions.htm
2) Horse Back Riding and Hay Rides are a great way to enjoy the Smoky Mountains in the Fall! Here are a few places to go; In Gatlinburg, Departure is at traffic light #6 at the Mountain Mall. Rides leave approximately every 45 minutes, November 1 – December 31.
Call 865-436-3897 for more information. Another place is to go is Cades Cove Riding Stables. You can ride horses, or go on a hay ride for a couple of hours on the loop. For more information, call (865) 448-9009. And Apple Valley Riding Stables has horseback riding and hay rides as well.
3) There are many Fall festivals to go to in the Smoky Mountains. craft shows, decorating contests, Smoky Mountain Harvest Festival, Fall Grand Rod Run, Dumplin Valley Bluegrass, Rotary Club Crafts Festival and the Gatlinburg Craftsmen’s Fair, just to name a few. Go to http://www.tnvacation.com/ for more information.
4) Dollywood has amazing Fall festivities. Please visit www.dollywood.com for more information.
5) When you go to the Smoky Mountains, of the best activities at any time of the year is the shopping. From specialty shops to great outlet stores, the Smoky Mountain area has everything to offer!