One of the perks of staying in one of our Pigeon Forge or Gatlinburg cabins is the ability to cook and eat meals without spending extra money to eat out at a restaurant. In order to do this, however, you’ll need to have access to local grocery stores so you can stock your cabin’s pantry and refrigerator. Luckily, there are many grocery stores in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge, both large chain and small local stores, that give you access to the items you need no matter the budget.
Grocery Stores in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge
We’ve made a list of the most popular grocery stores in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge where you can get everything you need to make a delicious meal inside your cabin. Whether you’re looking for snacks, spices, desserts, or drinks, you can find it all at one of these stores. Take a look at our list below:
1. Whole Earth Grocery & Cafe, 446 E Parkway #4, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Whole Earth Grocery is both a grocery store and a whole foods cafe. The store carries many health and specialty food items, herbs, and other special diet items. Open Monday – Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Closed Sundays
2. Bear-Land General Store, 305 Historic Nature Trail, Gatlinburg, TN 37738
Bear-Land General Store is not a full-fledged grocery store, but does provide many of the same options that one would find at a convenience store: snacks, drinks, cleaning and first aid supplies are just a few of their offerings. The hours for this Gatlinburg grocery store is 7 a.m.-10 p.m. daily. Bear-Land also doubles as a restaurant, serving breakfast in the mornings.
3. Kroger, 702 Winfield Dunn Pkwy, Sevierville, TN 37876; 220 Wears Valley Rd, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Kroger is a large supermarket chain with locations all over the Southeastern United States. Aside from just grocery items, Kroger is home to a bakery, deli, seafood area and a Starbucks coffee shop. Open 24 hours.
4. Food City, 3625 Parkway, Pigeon Forge, TN 37863
Open from 6 a.m. to 12 a.m., Food City is located along the main parkway and provides a wide variety of Pigeon Forge grocery items. A pharmacy is also located inside for any medical or first aid needs.
5. The Smoky Mountain Grocery
Don’t feel like driving? The Smoky Mountain Grocery is a delivery Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge grocery resource that will do your shopping for you. Depending on when you place your order, Smoky Mountain Grocery can have your groceries ready for you when you check in to your cabin, delivered the same day or within 24 hours. Smoky Mountain Grocery is the first licensed Pigeon Forge grocery delivery service in the Smokies.
Top Foods to Cook in Your Smoky Mountain Cabin
Before you go shopping at one of the grocery stores in Gatlinburg or Pigeon Forge, make a list of what items you want to buy! You’ll want all the ingredients to prepare delicious snacks and meals in your cabin. Your kitchen will come with all the modern appliances you need to cook your favorite dishes, so all you need are the groceries. Here are some popular foods to cook in your Smoky Mountain cabin:
- Pancakes – Pancakes are a staple in Gatlinburg. If you don’t feel like going to one of the popular restaurants, just get the ingredients from a grocery store in Gatlinburg and enjoy your own pancake breakfast in your cabin. Don’t forget the syrup!
- Hot Dogs & Hamburgers – Take advantage of your cabin’s outdoor grill and have a cookout! Grill up some hot dogs and hamburgers to eat while you take in the gorgeous mountain views on the deck.
- Cookies – To satisfy your sweet tooth, get everything you need to bake cookies in your cabin. You’ll love gathering in front of the fire with a plate of cookies and a glass of milk.
- Popcorn – Nothing makes a better snack than popcorn! Whether you want the microwaveable bags or the stovetop popcorn, you can make them both in your cabin. Popcorn especially comes in handy when you stay in one of our Smoky Mountain cabins with theater rooms.
Now that you know the best grocery stores in Gatlinburg and Pigeon Forge to go to to stock up your fridge, you’re ready to pick the perfect cabin for your vacation! Browse all of our cabins in the Smokies and book your stay today.