Packing for vacation in Pigeon Forge doesn’t have to be stressful! While figuring out what you need to bring, and how to make everything fit in your trunk, can seem challenging, it’s really not that difficult when you have a little direction. To help make the packing process as smooth as possible, Timber Tops has put together this cheat sheet for a getaway at our log cabins in Pigeon Forge. Check out this ultimate packing list for a cabin in Pigeon Forge:
What is Provided for You Already
The great thing about staying at a Pigeon Forge cabin is that many items will already be waiting for you in your cabin! The following items are provided in all of our vacation rentals:
- Basic pots and pans
- Coffee maker
- Bath mats
- Bed linens
- Bar soap
- Dish soap
- Dishwasher detergent (starter supply)
- Laundry detergent (starter supply)
- Paper goods (starter supply)
Things to Take to a Cabin in the Mountains
Now that you know what you can expect to find at our log cabins in Pigeon Forge, it’s easy to figure out what you have to bring with you. Here are some suggested items to bring on a cabin trip:
- Plastic wrap
- Cooking oil
- Coffee filters
- Charcoal and kindling (for the grill)
- Matches or a lighter
- Extra blankets
- Cribs (if applicable)
- Extra soaps and detergents
Things to Keep in Your Car
If you’re like most visitors to Pigeon Forge, you will probably be driving here. While some items can be left in the trunk, there are other things that you want to keep accessible during your road trip. Here are a few items to have in your vehicle:
- Cell phone
- Car chargers
- Bottled water
- iPad or handheld video games
- Stuffed animals or toys for kids
Things to Take on a Hike
The Great Smoky Mountains National Park offers over 800 miles of beautiful trails, so you will definitely want to go for a hike during your vacation! Whether you’re looking for a half-mile stroll or an epic 11-mile journey, you are guaranteed to find the perfect trail for your family. Be sure to take the following items with you on your hike:
- Map of trail
- Hiking boots
- Water bottle
- First aid kit
- Bug spray
Follow These Tips for Packing Clothes
Packing clothing is one area where some people tend to go overboard. Remember, there is no reason to bring your whole wardrobe for a week long vacation! To cut down on overpacking, keep the following tips in mind:
- Our cabins come with washers and dryers, so you can bring fewer clothes and do a load of laundry during your vacation
- Bring versatile clothing that you can explore nature in but dress up for a night in town.
- Roll your clothes and arrange them vertically in your suitcase, like a filing cabinet to fit them easily.
- Check the weather before packing so you know whether to prepare for rain, snow, or warm weather.
- Always bring a light jacket our sweater regardless of the season for the cool mountain evenings.
Explore Our Cabins in Pigeon Forge
Now that you know what items to bring on a cabin trip, you’re ready to visit! With this helpful packing list for a cabin in Pigeon Forge, you’ll have everything you need for a comfortable stay. We have cabins that are perfect for any occasion, from romantic getaways to group vacations.
To start planning your cabin vacation, check out our complete selection of cabins in Pigeon Forge!